Tannoy HPD-385 & HPD-385A 15″ Refoam Kit
This kit will fit the famous dual concentric 15″ speakers used in the Arden, Berkeley and more. Before ordering, remove a speaker from the cabinet and make sure it is a HPD-385 or HPD-385A. These are NOT the cheap generic foams. They are high quality and will fit great.
Each Refoam Kit includes all the materials needed to repair two (2) speakers:
– Refoaming Instructions
– 2 Foam Surrounds (F15-10)
– Shims For Centering the 2″ Voice Coils (If Selected)
– Two 4.5″ Screen Dust Caps (If Selected)
– 1 Bottle of Specially Formulated Foam Surround Adhesive (Dries Clear)
– 1 Bottle of surround dampener glue to coat the top of the surround
– 1 Brush for the surround dampener glue
*It can be difficult to refoam a speaker without removing the dust cap and inserting the plastic shims. The plastic shims are used to center the voice coil and cone assembly while the speaker is being refoamed. Tannoy speakers have a very tight voice coil gap which leaves little room for error. If you do not use the plastic shims, the voice coil may be off center and it may lead to the voice coil rubbing.
A – Outside diameter of the surround = 14.5″ (368.3mm)
B – Roll ends = 13.25″ (336.6mm)
C – Roll starts / O.D. of the cone = 11.5″ (292.1mm)
D – Inside diameter of the surround = 10.75″ (273.1mm)