Polk Audio 7″ Rubber Surround Kit
Here is the list of woofer models and cabinet models:
4 ohm woofer models are:
– MW7000 : Goes into S4, S6 and more.
– MW7009 : Goes into RT5, RT8, RT20 and more.
8 ohm woofer models are:
– MW7010 : Goes into RT12 and more.
– MW7100 : Goes into LS50, LS90 and more.
– MW7101 : Goes into several models. It will fit other models, just double check the dimensions before ordering. These surrounds have an angled attachment to cone.
This Repair Kit includes all the materials needed to repair two (2) woofers:
– Repair Instructions
– Two 7″ Rubber Surrounds (R7-1)
– Shims for centering the 1″ voice coils
– 1 Bottle of Specially Formulated Surround Adhesive (strong and sticky)
*It can be difficult to replace a surround on a woofer without removing the dust cap and inserting the plastic shims. The plastic shims are used to center the voice coil and cone assembly while the speaker is being repaired. If you do not use the plastic shims, the voice coil may be off center and it may lead to the voice coil rubbing. These models you can peel the dust caps off the cones and reuse them when the repair is finished.
A – Outside diameter of the surround = 6.75″
B – Roll ends = 5.58″
C – Roll starts / O.D. of the cone = 4.625″
D – Inside diameter of the surround = 4.175″