Paradigm 8″ Rubber Surround Kit
Rubber surrounds will reduce cone break up and ensure low distortion.
This kit will fit many Paradigm woofers.
– 3se (Not the 3se-mini), 5se, 7se and more. It will fit many other models, just double check the dimensions before ordering.
This Repair Kit includes all the materials needed to repair two (2) woofers:
– Repair Instructions
– 2 Rubber Surrounds (R8-1)
– Shims for centering the 1″ voice coils (if selected)
– Two 2.75″ Screen Dust Caps (if selected)
– 1 Bottle of Specially Formulated Surround Adhesive (strong and sticky)
*It can be difficult to refoam a speaker without removing the dust cap and inserting the plastic shims in the voice coil gap. The plastic shims are used to center the voice coil and cone assembly while the speaker is being refoamed. If you do not use the plastic shims, the voice coil may be off center and it may lead to the voice coil rubbing.
A – Outside diameter of the surround = 7.7″ (195.58mm)
B – Roll ends = 7.125″ (180.98mm)
C – Roll starts / O.D. of the cone = 5.94″ (150.88mm)
D – Inside diameter of the surround = 5.5″ (139.7mm)