Klipsch 10″ Rubber Surround Kit
This kit will fit Klipsch 10″ woofers and passive radiators that have an angled attachment to cone. Rubber surrounds will reduce cone break up and ensure low distortion. These surrounds have an angled attachment to cone.
Woofer Part #:
– K-1001-K, K-1005-K, K-1023-K, KD-101-K (passive radiator) and more.
Model #’s include:
– KG3.2 (passive), KG4.2, KG4.5, KG5.2, KG5.5, KM-6 and many more.
This Repair Kit includes all the materials needed to repair two (2) woofers:
– Repair Instructions
– 2 Rubber Surrounds (R10-1)
– Shims for centering the 2″ voice coil (if wanted)
– Two 3.87″ Black Poly Dust Caps (if wanted)
– 1 Tube of Specially Formulated Surround Adhesive (strong and sticky)
* Most Klipsch 10″ woofers use a 3.25″ gray poly dust cap, but the closest available is a 3.87″ black poly cap. So, we usually carefully remove the original dust cap to shim the voice coil to center it. When the repair is complete, the original dust cap can be reglued back down. If you do not want new dust caps, select no dust caps needed.
* If you do not use the plastic shims, the voice coil may not stay perfectly centered and could lead to voice coil rub.
A – Outside diameter of the surround = 9.7″
B – Roll ends = 9″
C – Roll starts / O.D. of the cone = 7.75″
D – Inside diameter of the surround = 7.25″