JBL 8″ LE8 Refoam Kit
This kit will fit JBL 8″ narrow roll woofers that have an angled attachment to cone. Check for correct dimensions.
This kit will fit the JBL LE8 models, 2108 and the 112A.
*If you have the LE8T models, they have an aluminum dust cap that we do not have, so you will have to hand center these speakers when refoaming.
Each Refoam Kit includes all the materials needed to repair two (2) woofers:
– Refoaming Instructions
– 2 Narrow Roll Foam Surrounds
– Shims for Centering the 3″ Voice Coils (If selected)
– Two 3.2″ Paper Dust Caps (If selected)
– 1 Bottle of Specially Formulated Foam Surround Adhesive (Dries Clear)
– 1 Bottle of Black Dust Cap Glue (To retain the original JBL look) (If selected)
*It can be difficult to refoam a speaker without removing the dust cap and inserting the plastic shims. The plastic shims are used to center the voice coil and cone assembly while the speaker is being refoamed. If you do not use the plastic shims, the voice coil may be off center and it may lead to the voice coil rubbing. Also, be careful when cutting off the old dust cap, so you do not cut thru the cone.
A – Outside diameter of the surround = 6.69″
B – Roll ends = 6.25″
C – Roll starts / O.D. of the cone = 5.7″
D – Inside diameter of the surround = 5.2″