JBL 8″ OEM Style 116 Refoam Kit
***These are OEM Style JBL foam surrounds. The difference between these and the aftermarket surrounds in other kits is the compliance. These are high compliance surrounds with the correct dimensions and thickness as the original JBL’s.
JBL Woofer Part #’s:
– 116A, 116H, 116H-1, 116H-2, 116H-3 and all 117 models.
Cabinet Models for this kit:
– L16, L19, L19A, L40T3, L46, L60T, L86, XPL140A, 4301B, 4408 and 4408A.
Each Refoam Kit includes all the materials needed to repair two (2) speakers:
– Refoaming Instructions
– 2 Foam Surrounds
– Shims for Centering the 2″ Voice Coils (if selected)
– 2 Paper Dust Caps (2.2″ or 4.124″) (if selected)
– 1 Bottle of Specially Formulated Foam Surround Adhesive (Dries Clear)
*Some of these models use a 2.2″ dust cap and some use a 4.124″ inverted dust cap. The JBL woofers that use the 2.2″ cap, we usually reuse the original dust cap, but we will send new dust caps if requested.
*It can be difficult to refoam a speaker without removing the dust cap and inserting the plastic shims. The plastic shims are used to center the voice coil and cone assembly while the speaker is being refoamed. If you do not use the plastic shims, the voice coil may be off center and it may lead to the voice coil rubbing.
A – Outside diameter of the surround = 7.75″
B – Roll ends = 7″
C – Roll starts / O.D. of the cone = 6″
D – Inside diameter of the surround = 5.625″