JBL 2245H from B460 – 18″ Refoam Kit – 1 Foam Surround
This kit is for the JBL 2245H woofer out of the B460 Subwoofer. This kit will fit JBL 18″ narrow roll woofers that have an angled attachment to cone.
Check for correct dimensions.
Each Refoam Kit includes all the materials needed to repair one (1) woofer:
– Refoaming Instructions
– Narrow Roll Foam Surround (F18-1)
– Shims for Centering the 4″ Voice Coil (If selected)
– One 4.4″ Paper Dust Cap (If selected)
– 1 Bottle of Specially Formulated Foam Surround Adhesive (Dries Clear)
– 1 Bottle of Black Dust Cap Glue to retain the original JBL look (If selected)
*It can be difficult to refoam a speaker without removing the dust cap and inserting the plastic shims. The plastic shims are used to center the voice coil and cone assembly while the speaker is being refoamed. If you do not use the plastic shims, the voice coil may be off center and it may lead to the voice coil rubbing. Also, be careful when cutting off the old dust cap, so you do not cut thru the cone.
A – Outside diameter of the surround = 17.375″
B – Roll ends = 16.5″
C – Roll starts / O.D. of the cone = 15.5″
D – Inside diameter of the surround = 14.75″