JBL L220 & L222 Complete Refoam Kit
This kit will fit the JBL LE14 woofers and the PR15 passive radiators.
Cabinet Models Include:
– L220, L220A, L222 and L222A.
Each Refoam Kit includes all the materials needed to repair two (2) 14″ woofers and two (2) 15″ passives:
– Refoaming Instructions
– Two 14″ Foam Surrounds (F14-1)
– Two 15″ Foam Surrounds (F15-6)
– Shims For Centering the 4″ Voice Coils for the woofers. No shims or dust caps needed for the 15″ passives
– Two 4.125″ Paper Dust Caps for the 14″ woofers only (If you prefer 4.4″ just select that size)
– 1 Bottle of Specially Formulated Foam Surround Adhesive (Dries Clear)
– 1 Bottle of Black Dust Cap Glue (To retain the original JBL look on the woofer)
*It can be difficult to refoam a speaker without removing the dust cap and inserting the plastic shims. The plastic shims are used to center the voice coil and cone assembly while the speaker is being refoamed. JBL woofers have a very tight voice coil gap which leaves little room for error. If you do not use the plastic shims, the voice coil may be off center and it may lead to the voice coil rubbing. Also, be careful when cutting off the old dust cap, so you do not cut thru the cone.
A – Outside diameter of the surround = 12.125″
B – Roll ends = 11.75″
C – Roll starts / O.D. of the cone = 11″
D – Inside diameter of the surround = 10.5″
15″ Passive Radiator
A – Outside diameter of the surround = 14.75″
B – Roll ends = 13.5″
C – Roll starts / O.D. of the cone = 12.75″
D – Inside diameter of the surround = 12″