Infinity 12″ Refoam Kit
This kit will fit Infinity 12″ speaker models that have an ANGLED attachment to a GRAY or CLEAR poly cone. Many people get confused about these woofers because the cone has a flat top. The original foam is glued on the cone where it starts angling down, so you do want this angled surround, not the flat attach surround. See picture.
Woofer #’s include:
– Watkins 902-1180, 490701 and more.
Model #’s include:
– RS 1.5, RS 2.5, RS 4.5 (has 2 woofers in each cabinet) and Quantum Line Source Speakers (that used the poly cones woofers), 5000A (not 5000 or RS5000) and more.
See the other Infinity kit if you have the older paper cone woofers.
Each Refoam Kit includes all the materials needed to repair two (2) speakers:
– Refoaming Instructions
– 2 Foam Surrounds
– Shims for Centering the 2″ Voice Coils (if selected)
– Two 4.5″ Screen Dust Caps (if selected)
– 1 Tube of Specially Formulated Foam Surround Adhesive (strong and sticky for the poly cones)
*It can be difficult to refoam a speaker without removing the dust cap and inserting the plastic shims. The plastic shims are used to center the voice coil and cone assembly while the speaker is being refoamed. If you do not use the plastic shims, the voice coil may be off center and it may lead to the voice coil rubbing.
A – Outside diameter of the surround = 11.625″
B – Roll ends = 10.75″
C – Roll starts / O.D. of the cone = 9.625″
D – Inside diameter of the surround = 9″