Genesis Model 2 Refoam Kit
This kit fits on the 8″ woofers and the 10″ passive radiators that have a flat attachment to the cone.
– Model II, 2, 2+ and many more.
Each Refoam Kit includes all the materials needed to repair two (2) woofers and two (2) passive radiators:
– Refoaming Instructions
– Two 8″ Foam Surrounds (Angled attached to the cone)
– Two 10″ Foam Surrounds (Flat attached to the cone)
– Shims For Centering the 1″ Voice Coils (if selected)
– Two 1.9″ Paper Dust Caps for the Woofers (if selected)
– 1 Bottle of Specially Formulated Foam Surround Adhesive
*It can be difficult to refoam a speaker without removing the dust cap and inserting the plastic shims. The plastic shims are used to center the voice coil and cone assembly while the speaker is being refoamed. If you do not use the plastic shims, the voice coil may be off center and it may lead to the voice coil rubbing.
A – Outside diameter of the surround = 7.75″
B – Roll ends = 6.938″
C – Roll starts / O.D. of the cone = 6″
D – Inside diameter of the surround = 5.5″
Angled attachment to the cone
10″ Passive Radiator
A – Outside diameter of the surround = 9.75″
B – Roll ends = 8.625″
C – Roll starts / O.D. of the cone = 7.625″
D – Inside diameter of the surround = 7.125″
Flat attachment to the cone