JBL 12″ 122/126/128 Refoam Kit
This kit will fit JBL 12″ speaker models that have an angled attachment to cone. Check for correct dimensions.
This kit will fit the JBL woofers:
– 2203, 121A, 121H, 122A, 122A-1, 126A, 128H (White Cone Only) and more.
– This kit will not fit the 128H-1 (Black Cone).
This kit will fit the JBL cabinet models:
– 4411, L65, L65A, L65B, L112, L150, L150A, L150A-B, L166, L166A, L212 and more
Each Refoam Kit includes all the materials needed to repair two (2) speakers:
– Refoaming Instructions
– 2 Foam Surrounds (F12-4)
– Shims for Centering the 3″ Voice Coils
– Two 3.2″ Paper Dust Caps
– 1 Bottle of Specially Formulated Foam Surround Adhesive (Dries Clear)
– 1 Bottle of Black Dust Cap Glue (To retain the original JBL look)
*It can be very difficult to refoam a speaker without removing the dust cap and inserting the plastic shims. The plastic shims are used to center the voice coil and cone assembly while the speaker is being refoamed. If you do not use the plastic shims, the voice coil may be off center and it may lead to the voice coil rubbing. Also, be careful when cutting off the old dust cap, so you do not cut thru the cone.
A – Outside diameter of the surround = 11.625″
B – Roll ends = 10.75″
C – Roll starts / O.D. of the cone = 9.625″
D – Inside diameter of the surround = 9″