Bose 301 8″ Refoam Kit
This kit will fit many Bose 8″ speaker models that have an angled attachment to cone. Check for correct dimensions.
Model #’s include:
– 301 and many more. Series I, II and III use a 2.15″ paper dust cap with the flat top. Series IV and V use a 2.75″ screen dust cap.
*We have also noticed some differences with 301 woofers with different cone sizes. Most have a cone diameter of 5.875″ and some have a 6″ cone diameter. This kit will come with our F8-1 foams that have the 5.875″ cone diameter, but if you have the 6″ cone diameter, then go to our F8-2 kit to order.
Each Refoam Kit includes all the materials needed to repair two (2) woofers:
– Refoaming Instructions
– Two 8″ Foam Surrounds (5.875″ cone ) F8-1
– Shims For Centering the 1″ Voice Coils (If selected)
– 2 Dust Caps (If selected)
– 1 Bottle of Specially Formulated Foam Surround Adhesive
*It can be difficult to refoam a speaker without removing the dust cap and inserting the plastic shims. The plastic shims are used to center the voice coil and cone assembly while the speaker is being refoamed. If you do not use the plastic shims, the voice coil may be off center and it may lead to the voice coil rubbing.
A – Outside diameter of the surround = 7.625″
B – Roll ends = 7″
C – Roll starts / O.D. of the cone = 5.875″
D – Inside diameter of the surround = 5.25″