JBL 14″ LE14 Refoam Kit
This kit will fit JBL 14″ narrow roll woofers that have an angled attachment to cone. Check for correct dimensions. This kit will fit the JBL LE14, LE14A, LE14H and LE14H-1 models even the old yellow surrounds. Cabinet models are: 240Ti, 250Ti, 250TiBQ, C56 Dorian, L55 Lancer, L101 Lancer, L220 & L220A Oracle, L222 & L222A Disco, L250, S56 Dorian, S99 & SC99 Athena and more.
Each Refoam Kit includes all the materials needed to repair two (2) woofers:
– Refoaming Instructions
– 2 Narrow Roll Foam Surrounds
– Shims for Centering the 4″ Voice Coils (if selected)
– Two 4.3″ Paper Dust Caps (if selected)
– 1 Bottle of Specially Formulated Foam Surround Adhesive (Dries Clear)
– 1 Bottle of Black Dust Cap Glue (To retain the original JBL look) If dust caps selected
*It can be very difficult to refoam a speaker without removing the dust cap and inserting the plastic shims. The plastic shims are used to center the voice coil and cone assembly while the speaker is being refoamed. If you do not use the plastic shims, the voice coil may be off center and it may lead to the voice coil rubbing. Also, be careful when cutting off the old dust cap, so you do not cut thru the cone.
A – Outside diameter of the surround = 12.125″
B – Roll ends = 11.75″
C – Roll starts / O.D. of the cone = 11″
D – Inside diameter of the surround = 10.5″