8″ Butyl Rubber Surround Kit
Rubber surrounds will reduce cone break up and ensure low distortion. This kit will fit the 206-0317 woofer in the L810 speaker and the 206-0332 woofer in the L1230 speaker. It will fit other models, just double check the dimensions before ordering. These surrounds have an angled attachment to cone.
This Repair Kit includes all the materials needed to repair two (2) woofers:
– Repair Instructions
– 2 Rubber Surrounds
– Shims for centering the 1″ voice coils
– Two Dust Caps (if needed)
– 1 Bottle of Specially Formulated Surround Adhesive (strong and sticky)
* You will need to carefully remove the original dust cap to shim the voice coil. When the repair is complete, the original dust cap can be reglued back down or if you would like new dust caps, select the diameter of the dust cap and if you need paper, felt or screen (thin breathable fabric) dust caps. If you do not see your exact size, select the next larger size. If you do not want new dust caps, select no dust caps needed.
* If you do not use the plastic shims, the voice coil may not stay perfectly centered and could lead to voice coil rub.
A – Outside diameter of the surround = 7.7″ (195.58mm)
B – Roll ends = 7.125″ (180.98mm)
C – Roll starts / O.D. of the cone = 5.875″ (149.23mm)
D – Inside diameter of the surround = 5.5″ (139.7mm)